Are you a student of RSU? If yes, we have a scholarship opportunity that might be on interest to you.
RSU scholarship is one of the hottest at the moment as only students residing in Port Harcourt are familiar with it. This means there are chances you can apply and get qualified easily since only few people knows about the scholarship grant. This is sure one of the reason why sourcing for scholarship grants before they become popular is one of the best thing you can do to yourself in you are in need of scholarship opportunity to study within or outside the country. See below for Rivers State University (RSU) scholarship summary.
- Scholarship Provider: Rivers State University
- Scholarship Type: Partly Funded
- Study Level: Undergraduate & Postgraduate
- Target: Students in Rivers State University (RSU)
- Study In: Port Harcourt, Rivers State Nigeria
- Application Deadline: Not specified
- Others: NIL
RSU in conjunction with Rivers State Government came up with this scholarship grant to help and assist students who are highly educated, yet, lack finances to sponsor themselves in the school. See below for the expenses covered by RSU on this student scholarship grant.
The amount which is being sponsored by Rivers State Scholarship is partly and not in full. They settle up to 60% of student’s academic tuition fees leaving departmental fees and other expenses untouched. Even at that, the scholarship aid is not available to all students to avoid having much crowd. See below for some of the requirements that are needed before applying.
Rivers State University Scholarship Eligibility & Requirements
The following criteria are to be possessed by candidate to qualify his/her application;
- Applicant must be a student of any department in RSU to be qualified for the scholarship aid.
- Interested student must as least be in his second year of studies in the school for undergraduates only. Postgraduate students can apply even immediately after getting admission to study in the institute.
- Undergraduate student must have a past CGPA of not less than 3.0 to qualify them for the scholarship aid.
- Candidates must be of good behavior in school and must be confirmed if he/she is not into any illegal society in the school or place of permanent residence.
- Student must at least be in need of financial aid before he/she can be awarded this scholarship opportunity at RSU.
- Rivers State University (RSU)
How to Apply for Rivers State University State Scholarship 2022
The application process for this scholarship is not that hard compared to other scholarship opportunities you’ll find elsewhere. Since you are already a student in the institute (RSU), you should be familiar with how to walk around and get things done even at ease. See complete step by step application procedures for Rivers State University/Government Scholarship below;
1. Confirm you are Qualified by Checking Scholarship Eligibility Above
The first application process for RSU scholarship is for you to confirm if you are qualified for this scholarship aid. This is important because, you not being qualified yet proceed with the application may render all your actions in vein.
This means you will end up wasting your time as there are high chances your essay entry won’t even be read/reviewed. We advise, you checkout other scholarship grants on our site otherwise, proceed to the next step.
2. Visit the Admission Officer’s Office
Having qualified with all eligibility checks, you are however required to visit the office of admission officer in the school. From the office, you should seek for session with any of the receptionist for more terms of the scholarship and other important information you need to know in relation to the scholarship grant.
When satisfied, you can further on.
3. Collect Scholarship Application Form & Essay Topic
Now ask the receptionist to provide you with the scholarship application form and also, the scholarship essay topics which you will be required to select one from list of available options.
It is best you select a topic you know you have interest in writing or familiar with most. This is because, writing on something you have interest in or what you know a lot about can ease your research and also help your pitch to stand out among others.
4. Fill and submit all Scholarship Documents
The final application process for the scholarship is when you finally fill and submit the application form and other important documents which are clearly stated on the form. The submission deadline varies and is dependent on application or form collection date.
Students who applied for this scholarship grant will also be required to come defend their essay in an oral interview with selected persons. This is why it is important you make sure you write the essay yourself.